Please read our response to the Home Office's review of asylum support rates for 2018. Some of our recommendations include:
- Asylum support rates should be set at the minimum of 70% of current income support levels
- Higher than lower rates for section 95 and Section 4 support to match Sure Start Maternity Grants rates
- Travel and communication rates should be considered essential.
- People seeking asylum should be given the right to work.
- The Move On period following receipt of refugee status should be extended from 28 to56 days.
To read the full list of recommendations, click on the link below.